Wedding date : September 25, 2010
Photographs by Jennifer
When I first met with Rebecca, way back in January, she described her wedding as “Jewish with a few dashes of Asian.” I couldn’t wait to see how that motif would be carried out in practical terms. She couldn’t have done a more lovely job. Think a lace-draped huppah with a few elegant stalks of bamboo tucked into the centerpieces, fresh challah bread and the Chinese symbol for happiness, the hora and fancy-schmancy eggrolls. They were married on a gorgeous September evening at Baltimore’s George Peabody Library, a venue I am quite fond of since it was the site of my own wedding reception five years ago! I started with Rebecca at a nearby hotel, where the bride’s sister literally sewed her into a dress that was suddenly a bit too big. We continued with a fun, casual portrait session in Mount Vernon Place, where we tried our best to dodge the hundreds of visitors attending the Baltimore Book Festival. And then it was off to the dramatically lit library for a ceremony filled with Hebrew and Mandarin Chinese and a party accented by all kinds of stylish, personal touches. (Among my favorites: Rebecca had a cake topper custom made to match her and Rick’s wedding wear. So sweet!) Congratulations, Rebecca and Rick. I had so much fun documenting your perfect day!
- George Peabody Library Wedding Photography – Allison and Joseph
- George Peabody Library Wedding Photography – Atsuko and Daniel
- Engineers Club Wedding Photography, Baltimore, MD – Alison and Paul
- 101 Constitution Avenue NW, DC Wedding Photography – Caitlin and Ben
- Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Wedding Photography, Baltimore, MD – Ganesh and Vani